Blog Article

Bye Bye Bureaucracy!

Bye Bye Bureaucracy!

An easy explanation of the documents you need as EU citizen.

We are not directly related to any legal or government departments and the information may change over time. They have been collected by helpAccommodation.

New country, new language, new documents, new rules. Are you running from an office to the other without a clue of what they’re asking you to do? Does it seem to be a loop without a solution? Do not worry, we are here to give you some advice.

As EU citizen, you need some legal documents in order to study, work and live in Spain: NIE, Empadronamiento and Social Security Number. Let’s check these documents together!

  • NIE: it is an identity number for foreigners and it is required only if you plan to stay in Spain more than three months.
  • EMPADRONAMIENTO: once you have a new Spanish home, you must register at a Town Hall. Remember that you must provide prove that you are living there.
  • SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER: you need this number if you are planning to work in Valencia. 

Now you know what you need to live, study and work here in Valencia. Below some important links in order to get more information about the process to get the papers: EmpadronamientoSocial Security NumberNIE

Once you have these documents, everything will be a walk in the park!