here’s what you cannot miss in June! The heat is here and only getting stronger, so get out of your rooms and get ready for a few ways to relax in the sun.
Before you can worry about any of the events going on, you have to think about a few things. Have you defined your budget? Without knowing what you can spend, you can’t know which events to go to! Have you found the neighborhood you want to live in or, even more specifically, an accommodation within that neighborhood? If not, consider a shared flat in Valencia! This can help you make friends in the new area while helping you learn the language. Once you’ve finished all this planning, prepare your documents and suitcases, look into the area you’re staying, and get ready for an adventure!
Here’s our agenda for the month of June; get ready for a month full of great food, indescribable wonder, and unforgettable fun.
Events and More
- 30 May - 14 July – Cirque du Soleil KOOZA: Magic and wonder will fill the city and your mind at this mesmerizing, can’t-miss event. With KOOZA, they return to their origins with incredible feats of acrobatics, telling an enticing story through comic characters and adrenaline inducing stunts.
- 29 June – Pride Festival: On this night, we celebrate the acceptance of the LGBT community within the city, and the world. At 19:00 the march begins through the streets of Valencia, from Puerta del Mar to Plaza del Ayuntamiento, then the party begins. At 22:00 the festival – complete with music, dancing, and art – will truly begin.
- If you’re still looking for something to do, consider checking out one of our secret locations in Valencia. You never know what could be waiting for you just around the corner.
- Kreas: If you’re craving international food, give this delectable Greek restaurant a try. With big portions and authentic cuisine, there’s no way you can go wrong!
- La Pequeña Pastelería de Mamá: A lovely café for a quick, sweet snack, or a fantastic cup of coffee; this place will take care of your sweet-toothed needs.
- Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond: when Jim Carrey, the popular American actor, was asked to play Andy Kaufman, he decided to fully immerse himself into the character. This documentary shows behind-the-scenes footage of this period, when Jim fully became the character he was portraying, both inside and outside of the show. This is an interesting and one-of-a-kind look into the mind of an actor that you just can’t miss.
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley: a terrifying classic published in 1932, this novel explores a supposed Utopia where people are created, not born. Their lives and decisions are chosen for them before they are even able to walk, their technology surpasses even their emotional capacity. This world, one of imagination and terror, was written as a warning by Aldous Huxley– a warning that all should read.
- Albufera National Park: If you’re looking for an escape from the city, visit one of the largest wetlands in the Valencian community. Made up of 6 islets, this land supports endangered species, consists of about 24 square km of land, and is a mere 10 km from the city.
That’s all we have for this month’s agenda, but we hope we helped you find something new or interesting to fill your time in this wonderful city. If you still need an accommodation in the city check out a shared flat in the area to help you make new friends, cut costs, and learn the language. For more help and information about the city, check out our other blogs about Valencia! If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to send us a message or leave a comment here for us to see.
See you soon,
Your helpValencia Team